Here’s a tasty low carb meal I whipped up the other day. My husband was totes impressed with this one!
Chicken with Lime & Herbs – Serve 6
• 6 limes, plus extra wedges to serve
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 green chili, seeds removed, finely chopped,
• Handful mint leaves, finely chopped
• Handful coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
• 6-8 pieces of chicken thigh fillet, trimmed (approx. 150g /5oz per serve)
• Salt and pepper
1. Finely grate the zest of 2 limes into a glass or ceramic bowl and squeeze in the juice of the 6 limes, reserving the squeezed lime halves. Add the oil, chili and herbs, then season. Add the chicken and coat in the marinade. Scatter all the squeezed lime halves over the chicken pieces, then cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken (in batches if necessary, turning, for 10-12 minutes until slightly charred and cooked through).
3. Place the chicken pieces on a serving platter, top with extra coriander and green chilli, then serve immediately with extra lime wedges, and a side salad.
How to incorporate into the 40 Day Happy New YOU Challenge and 40 Day MAX Fat Burn Program:
Kick Start Phase/Victory Phase – As is
Momentum Phase – add ½ cup rice, couscous or sweet potato.
Calories – 246
Fat – 13.1g
Carbs – 0.8g
Protein – 28g
Get over 70 more recipes like this in my Happy New YOU 40 Day Challenge and 40 Day MAX Fat Burn program, along with meal plans, workouts, for women who want their SEXY back! Lose 5-7kg in just 40 days. Comes with Lifetime Access. Click on the image to purchase or read more: